Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome to Coeur d'Alene, sucker?

We should hang out next friday, I'll have the house with a few less people.  (or something like that)  This was a text that I received last Monday.  I guess that means it was the 11th?  Who cares, it was two Mondays ago.  This girl came into my life in a sense last November,  that some months ago for those who don't have a calendar nearby.  I have been trying to get to know her since that time.  I was immediately smitten by her style, she was a modern day Audrey Hepburn, or she tried to appear that way.  Truth is, Audrey Hepburn had class.

Rhianna Reed is a force that I know I will receive backlash of sorts from for this posting.  I'm okay with that.  She's got soft skin, but a hard interior.  A few months ago while texting at night, laying on my couch, I'm telling her that we should try to hang out.  Her response was something loosely around "we could never be close friends."  When I asked her why, she said she couldn't explain it. Go figure.  Somehow I'm the bad person for wanting to know why someone says they can't be a close friend of mine.  Needless to say, I gave up on her for a while.

Eventually I started talking to her again, and I can't remember why now.  We would see each other at dances, which was cool.  I liked dancing with cute girls.  I don't like dancing with girls that remain so aloof that you can't help but be attracted to them.  It's like they know how to reel me in, I'm just a fish on their hook.

Our original plans for Friday night were to have some dinner, make a fire, look at the stars, listen to music and watch a movie.  Well, we kind of listened to music and watched a movie eventually.  But I fell asleep.  That's my bad though, so I can't blame her for that.

Yesterday afternoon while driving around with Cody, I started texting her again.  I'm textin Rhianna asking if it's bad for me to wished to have sat closer to her during the movie the previous night.  She said no.  I responded quickly with, "If I come back tonight, can we sit closer during a movie?"  she said that would be fine, and reminded me that I should bring some music for her.  (Okay, I'm cool with everything at this point)

I show up a little later than everyone else last night, a trait I'm known for.  Come on in, say hello to Rhianna Reed's siblings and cousin who will remain nameless, as they are innocent and have not wronged me in the least bit, I actually enjoyed their company.  I eventually find Rhianna in the backyard around the fire with a handful of strangers.  I get introduced to someone named "Nick."  He seemed more like an uncle than a friend, but he's not the subject of this.  I sat outside for a while, talking to not one person.  Decide I might as well doing something while I'm doing nothing, and decide to just start burning some CDs for Rhianna.  I sometimes regret being nice for people when I find out how they will treat me.  We sat in the same room for an hour, not really talking much.  I ask if she wants to watch a movie yet, she replies that she would fall asleep right away, so probably not.  After I let her know that I could set an alarm and stay awake as well, she insisted on it being a no go.  I sat on her couch while she sat on the computer for at least a half hour.  No talking, at all.  As if me driving out an hour to her house to be a stranger wasn't bad enough, she decides to basically ignore me.  Well, I'm not gonna sit around all night and be the burden of a bad host.  I picked up my things, and said, "Well, I guess I'm going to go now."

I texted her "sorry.." and got this reply. "I feel sick to my stomache right now, i did so many wrong things today."

I still haven't received a response on what she meant by that, but then again a coward will usually know they are wrong, but never actually tell it like it is.

Sorry, Rhianna, The Only One says a lot of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment